Just like coaching a good team, mentoring takes an important role in contributing to an organizations excellence.
Taking on the role of a wise adviser or sounding board, mentors can help provide valuable insight and support to mentees encouraging them to learn quickly and avoid common pitfalls.
Through this workshop, participants will engage in pragmatic techniques to better understand the needs of mentees as well as self-asses their own mentoring skills. Participants will also have the opportunity to develop and retain talent, encourage active exchange of communication and knowledge, as well as enhance succession planning.
- What is mentoring?
- Understand and identify the purpose of mentoring
- Assess and align expectations
- Learn a model for mentoring behavior
- Identify the role of the mentor and mentee
- Create mentoring plans
- Develop a mentor-mentee agreement
- Identify areas for discussion